9.16.2010

malabrig shrug.




I'm working on a reversible over sized shrug. I think it's going to be able to double as a giant chunky scarf too!




soft yarn + fall weather = happy rachel.



I'm so excited to get this done so I can wear it but even more excited to finish the patter. Because it's over sized and slouchy... each size covers a wider range. So I'll be writing this for 3 size options but they will cover XS - 3XL.


And this yarn.... yum! It's a worsted Malabrigo from my stash in color Buscando Azul. *swoon*


(so all you knitters... can I get a "proud-a-you girl" hug? I've been knitting from my stash for over a year now. That's right... no yarn purchases in what feels like a lifetime. Feels good, feels good! One of these days I'm going to have to take some pictures of my stash. It's kind of embarrassing! I have a stores worth of yarn in my spare bedroom. no lie!)


3 comments:

leyla said...

I'm a crocheter so I think that qualifies me to give a "proud of you" hug...that's super impressive! I buy new yarn almost every time I start a new project...oops :)

Rach said...

haha!! Leyla.. so did i except I would buy yarn to start projects 3 at a time and never get to them so the yarn just sat around waiting to be turned in to something wearable. But i'm glad now because i have all this stash yarn to bust through!

zephyrsarah said...

very impressive indeed, that is no simple task!! ;)

my stash is depressing... not that it ever was very robust. there's almost nothing there anymore, just odd random leftovers. it has been a million years at least since i've bought yarn and it makes me sad. i need a stash boost!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...